NATIONAL AIR MONITORING PROGRAMME (NAMP)
The Meghalaya State Pollution Control Board is operating 10 (ten) nos. of ambient air quality monitoring station under NAMP viz.
1. State Board’s Premises
2 .Public Health Engineering (PHE) Office, Barik
3. Export Promotion Industrial Park (EPIP), Byrnihat
4. Dawki, Jaintia Hills District
5. Araimile, Tura, West Garo Hills District
6. O/o BDO, C & R.D. Block-Khliehriat, Khliehriat
7. Office Premises of E.E. PHED, Nongstoin
8. Umiam Industrial Complex, Ri-Bhoi District
9. Mylliem Range Office, Social Forestry
10. 4 1/2 Mile and Forest Rest House, Polo Hills
The air pollutants viz. SO2, NO2, and RSPM have been monitored. The monitoring of meteorological parameters such as Wind speed and direction, Relative humidity, and temperature was also integrated with the monitoring of air quality.
The ambient air quality samples were collected as per the standards prescribed by CPCB. The data pertaining to the ambient air, meteorological data were submitted to CPCB for compilation and preparation of report.